YOUTH and FAMILY FAITH FORMATION
Please feel free to contact the office with questions or concerns regarding any area of our programming for your families’ faith formation. We are available by phone, email, or personal visit.
If you wish to visit the office, it would be to your benefit to call first and make sure someone will be in the office when you intend to come by. You will not gain access to the building if we are not in the office.
If you call during office hours and get our answering machine, please leave a message and one of us will return your call as quickly as possible. We often have meetings, programs, liturgies or special events that take us out of the office during business hours.
HOURS: Monday-Friday | 10:00-4:00 Tuesday Evenings | 5:00-9:00 Saturday Mornings | 9:30am – noon
email: firstname.lastname@example.org This address is for general information for faith formation, youth ministry, sacramental programs and special events. The entire staff has access to this email and will respond to your message as quickly as possible. The staff still has their individual addresses should you wish to contact someone specific.
- Barbara Maloney, Director Family Ministry: email@example.com
- Betsy Amico, Director Youth Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jake Druzbik*, Youth and Family Ministry Assistant: email@example.com
- *Saturday primary sessions; Edge, and junior high Sunday family sessions
- Sheila Thie, Youth and Family Ministry Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 716.675.3714 | Fax: 716.674.2793
Dedicated Ministry Phone: 716.775.QHYM (716.775.7496)
NEXT SESSION DATES:
- Edge Tuesday Dec. 5th 7:00-8:30ish JOYFUL Advent Family Series – Youth & Teens (gr 6-12) & Parents
- Grades PK-5 Saturday Dec. 2nd 9:45-11:15
- Family Program Sunday Dec. 3rd 8:45 – 11:00
- Life Teen Sunday Dec. 3rd starting with 5:30 Mass and ending about 8:30ish.
- Calendars and information for this year are available under the Registration Forms & Calendar pages under this same tab. Please email email@example.com or call 716-675-3714 if you have any questions not found on this page and so we can get your children registered. It is not too late too late although resources have been ordered so there’s a chance your children may have to wait a bit for those.
- IF you are new to the parish, or if you didn’t receive information from us regarding registration or Confirmation prep, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and we will get materials out to you or call us at 716-675-3714.
SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION AT THE Q
The first step in the preparation process for the Sacraments of Initiation for children is a parent meeting where the parent role as primary educators of their children is discussed along with the specifics pertaining to the Sacrament itself and the prep process here at Queen of Heaven. Specific information regarding the 2017-18 Confirmation preparation process was sent to potential Confirmation candidates (and parents) who graduated from Queen of Heaven school or completed one of our faith formation programs through 10th grade. Reconciliation and Eucharist information will be sent soon. Please scroll down this page for the dates of the parent meetings for these sacraments.
THE RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS
The RCIA is offered for individuals wishing to become members of the Catholic faith or receive the Sacraments of Initiation outside the traditional age/grade levels. If you wish to learn more about this, please contact any of our clergy, Fr. Greg, Fr. Luke, Deacon John or our Seminarian Emerson, via the rectory at 716-674-3468 or email them at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIMARY SACRAMENT PREPARATION PROCESS
Children are prepared for these sacraments in the home with assistance from the parish the families belong to. Sacramental preparation is not part of school curriculum. If you have children in our school and are looking for information on the primary sacrament prep, please contact the Faith Formation Department at the parish you are registered at, if you have not heard from them already. Information regarding this was included in the parent packet that was distributed at the QH school parent orientation.
CONFIRMATION PREPARATION PROCESS
Currently, our Confirmation preparation process is open to students in grade 11 who have attended faith formation classes or Catholic school during 9th and 10th grade. Those is grade 11 and 12 who have not been confirmed and wish to be are most welcome to join our preparation process. Those college age and beyond should contact the rectory for information on the adult Confirmation process.
Sessions are held on Wednesday’s with an alternate day of the week for those who cannot make it on Wednesday. We are extremely familiar and understand the scheduling constraints of juniors in high school, and parents for that matter, and are as accommodating as possible. Other opportunities to make up sessions for those with cannot attend on Wednesday or the alternate date. We meet once or twice a month from October through February. Confirmation takes place sometime after that usually during the Easter Season. We don’t find out the date until mid-January usually when the we receive word from the Chancery. There is a retreat and service component to the process as well. We discuss all of this and more at the parent/candidate meeting. If you are unable to make either meeting, we will meet privately with you and your candidate. It is extremely important that all parties are aware of what is expected of you during this process.
SACRAMENTAL PARENT MEETINGS
- FIRST RECONCILIATION and EUCHARIST parent meetings have already taken place. If you are a QH parish parent/guardian of children attending Queen of Heaven school or faith formation programs will receive information regarding additional opportunities to meet via email.
- **If your children attend QH school and you belong to another parish, you should contact that parish faith formation department if they have not already contacted you.
UPDATED November 29th